Mould & fungal toxins

Mycotoxins are some of the most prevalent toxins in the environment.

Mycotoxins are metabolites produced by fungi like mould, which can infest buildings, vehicles, and foodstuffs.

A majority of mycotoxin exposures are through food ingestion or airborne exposure. In the European Union, 20% of all grains harvested have been found to be contaminated with mycotoxins. Unfortunately, mycotoxins are resistant to heat and many processing procedures.

Fungi are able to grow on almost any surface, especially if the environment is warm and wet. Inner wall materials of buildings, wall paper, fibreglass insulation, ceiling tiles, and drywall (Gyprock) are all good surfaces for fungi to colonise. These fungi then release mycotoxins into the environment which may cause symptoms of many different chronic diseases.

This is a particularly relevant consideration if you live in humid climates – especially in Queensland.

 

Diseases and symptoms that may be linked to mycotoxin exposure include:

  • fever,
  • pneumonia-like symptoms,
  • heart disease,
  • rheumatic disease,
  • asthma,
  • sinusitis,
  • memory loss,
  • vision loss,
  • chronic fatigue,
  • skin rashes,
  • depression,
  • ADHD,
  • anxiety, and
  • liver damage.

So how do you know if mycotoxins are making you sick?  

Other than functional pathology testing which can identify certain mycotoxins in your body there is BioResonance Therapy (BRT).  BRT is able to identify not only which mycotoxins are in your body, but also where they ‘stuck’ and how much they are affecting your health.  One of the benefits of BRT is that it not only identifies mycotoxins (and other toxins) but it is also able to treat in the same session.  Pathology testing is also available at True Medicine.

Call True Medicine on 07 5530 1863 today and arrange a health assessment.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.