Is toxicity the reason you feel unwell?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you often tired or lethargic?
- Do you regularly suffer from bloating, diarrhoea, constipation or other digestive disturbances?
- Do you get recurrent headaches?
- Are you regularly suffering from muscle aches and pains?
- Does poor short-term memory and concentration affect your ability to function at work?
- Do you have allergies or sensitivities?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety and/or mood swings?
In our busy modern world, toxins are very common. Environmental toxins include things like heavy metals, pesticides, chemicals, food additives, drugs and pollutants, which are present in the air, water and food that we consume and in products we use on our hair and skin. Toxins do not only come from our external environment: toxins can also be generated by ‘unfriendly’ bacteria, yeasts and parasites in your digestive system. These internally-generated toxins are then absorbed into your bloodstream, affecting your health and vitality.
Your body has mechanisms for eliminating all these toxins, but these detoxification pathways can become overwhelmed if you produce, consume or absorb more toxins than you can easily get rid of. To avoid this, you need to reduce your exposure to toxins as much as possible and optimise your ability to eliminate toxins day-to-day.
How do I clean myself up?
Detoxification should always be done under the guidance of a qualified natural health practitioner. At True Medicine you will receive a thorough assessment before commencing on the program best suited to your individual needs.
You may receive natural supplements to help your body detoxify but also to support your body’s elimination pathways. This ensures effective clearing while supporting your body’s natural repair systems without causing any undesirable side-effects.
During any detoxification process, it is important to support your body by eating the right foods and drinking adequate amounts of purified water. There are some simple diet changes you can make today to help reduce your level of toxicity, including:
- Always look for fresh, seasonal fruit and vegetables. Locally grown and organic is best.
- Avoid packaged and processed foods.
- Eliminate foods containing artificial colours, flavours, additives and flavour enhancers, as well as foods containing hydrogenated fats and Genetically Modified ingredients.
- Read the ingredients list to ensure that the food does not contain high amounts of saturated fat or sugar.
- Avoid cigarettes and alcohol. Limit caffeine intake.
For a comprehensive health assessment and Spring Clean, call the clinic on 02 5530 1863 to arrange your appointment.